Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mustard Yellow

From Fall to Winter, I have been seeing mustard yellow everywhere. I fell inlike with the colour while browsing through the GAP. I find that yellow is a difficult colour to wear because it is so vibrant and standoutish but mustard is toned down enough to go along with blacks, greys and browns for the gloomy winter season. I am currently searching for the perfect thick, wooly, mustard scarf to use for the season.

Here are some looks using the "mustard trend" from www.chictopia.com that I adore:

This look is complete and is absolutely adorable from head to toe.

I like how the mustard yellow adds a pop of colour.

This outfit looks spring/summery but I think it would be fine for winter with some thick stockings and heeled booties. The mustard clutch is a little too matchy matchy for me. I would go with a dark brown side pouch or clutch.

I have only worn mustard once in my lifetime and I am surprised that I do not own anything mustard at the moment since I kind of freak out whenever I see someone with a mustard yellow circle scarf. I have once paired a mustard yellow cardigan (borrowed from my roomie) with a blue and white pinstripe dress shirt along with jeans and finished the look with a brown woven belt. This outfit made me feel pretty cute and would be perfect to wear to school. Perhaps I will slightly repeat this outfit and take a picture of it to post on this blog next time while I still have my friend's sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment