Monday, January 24, 2011

Girl with an ear.. ring.

I am absolutely terrified of pain and have never consciously experienced the pain of getting my ears pierced. My mom got my ears pierced before I could ever remember. I was expecting my first puncturing experience to be absolutely painful but I am happy to tell you that it hurts more now than it did while I was experiencing the piercing itself. But really, it does not hurt much at all!



I have been contemplating getting a cartilage piercing for awhile after I first noticed Shin Min Ah's piercings while watching My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. I finally decided to do it on a Friday afternoon whim.

The tattoo parlor that I went to has a good reputation: award winning professional service that refuses to do customers that they deem risky (two ignorant 16 year olds decided to try to get their bellies pierced while I was there). My piercer was great at calming my worries and was very amiable; he made me laugh. He talked me through the process and told me to breathe when I felt the needle, which helped for that brief second that it took.

And voila!



I was kind of surprised when he told me that it takes 6-12 months to heal and that you should not change the jewelry for that time period as well. Gathering from others, I always thought that you could change the stud after a week or two. Contrary to popular belief, you are NOT supposed to clean your piercing with soap or alcohol, but instead with a saline solution (a gallon distilled water, plus 4 teaspoons of non-iodized sea salt kept in the fridge) using a cotton ball for 15 minutes everyday.

I would never get my belly pierced but I would not mind getting another ear piercing. Next time, I am going to get a stud instead of a hoop because a stud is a lot easier to clean! Cannot wait to change my hoop into a sparkly stud like Min Ah's!

ps. Shin Min Ah is one of my Korean style faves! She can be so innocent and cute and then so stunningly gorgeous. Love her outfit in the picture below especially her stockings from what little you can see of them!


Cr: As Marked.

No comments:

Post a Comment