Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jacob Boutique under Bankruptcy Protection

My soft leather Jacob Belt $40 RRP ($20 PP):



I was surprised when I heard that Jacob was offering 40% off of everything in the store during the Christmas shopping season
and was even more surprised that they had increased that to 50% a week before Christmas day. It all made sense once my friend told me that they were going bankrupt, therefore liquidating everything and trying to get rid of inventory. Here is a good summary of Jacob Boutique's downfall: Jacob Granted Protection from Creditors.

If you are into marketing, here is a good article from CTV News on the market divide between classes that mentions Jacob being pushed into bankruptcy: A retail class divide

As for the belt, I probably would not have purchased it for $40 but definitely purchased it because it was 50% off. It is a great length and has a softness to it that lets me style it in different ways. The only thing I am a bit disappointed in is that there are no holes until the end of the belt because it is meant to be used as a waist belt. I will probably take it to a shop or poke holes in it myself so that I can wear it with jeans.

Off Topic.

Today I had a lot of comments from people asking if I had my hair done over the holidays. The answer is NO, I have had this fuchsia colour in my hair for about 3 weeks now. Everyone that asked this question has seen me with my pink hair from before the holidays but I guess the switch of the part in my hair and pinning it half up makes a huge difference.

Also, the second most asked question/comment today was regarding me wearing makeup. I said I would try not to use the word love but I am going to say I LOVE makeup. I usually try to wear a minimal amount on a daily basis, and well, after about two weeks at work or school I will end up wearing none because I do not leave myself enough time to apply it in the morning. I usually do glitzy when I go out. Today, I just rimmed my eyes with black using a felt liner on the top lids, pencil on the bottom and then applied two coats of mascara. I also filled in my brows lightly. So nothing outstanding, why the big shock?

No comments:

Post a Comment