Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Eyelining Technique

How do you line your eyes?


Sorry my face is at a weird angle, but it was the only way I could show how large my eyes look. I lined my eyes with my new favourite technique and used a light sand underneath my lower lash line to make my eyes look larger.

I continually change makeup techniques and usually pick up good advice from my girlfriends. Eyeliner is a must for any look and eyelining is one of the most fundamental skills any girl should have! I am not a fan of expensive products as a student so I think the technique of sealing your makeup is the most important step to keep it from sliding off your face.

When I first started wearing makeup more often which is surprisingly not too long ago (first year university), I would simply line my eyes with a black pencil. I found that oil pencils often smudged and did not work well with my oily skin. Also, it does not hold very well when you're dancing and sweating up a storm. I have tried liquid liners and those tend to burn my eyes. It also does not help that I do not have a steady hand when it comes to those skinny brushes. 

That is why I stuck to pencils for awhile until recently moving onto felt tip liners after watching some YouTube tutorials with product reviews. I enjoyed using those for awhile until I noticed that the felt line formula breaks down easily when you are out and about, even when it is used on top of an eye primer. 

This past fall, I switched to gel liners which are becoming popular in drug store cosmetic sections. I would line my eyes with black gel and seal it with black eye shadow and line the bottom lid using a pencil but this is still not smudge proof. I still use this technique for dramatic looks.

The other day I tried something that I learned from my friend while getting ready to go out for my birthday. I asked her how she got her liner to be so perfect. She said that she would use a pencil first and go over it with liquid liner. Lo and behold, I tried lining my eyes with a pencil and sealing it with a felt liner for an interview the other day. The eye line looked very crisp, clean and the best part was that it stayed in place all day (although I did use it on top of primer): through school, work and then clubbing! It's well worth a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment