Monday, February 7, 2011

Michelle Williams: Black, White and Lace

Congrats to Michelle as she is up for Best Actress for Blue Valentine! She has a beautiful and flawless face to utilize in the art of acting and has fast become one of my fashion darlings alongside Kate Moss, Sienna Miller (darn, they're all blonde) and others.

 

I know a lot of people are huge fans of Rachel Bilson as a style icon, but I have always found her to be a boring dresser.

I do admit that I find that Rachel Bilson always has at least one great basic piece in every one of her outfits, maybe that is why everyone else loves her style. You'd think that I would take a lot of inspiration from Bilson since she has the same petite frame as me.

Michelle Williams on the other hand, does simple and chic better than Bilson.


Anyhow, I find that Michelle Williams is almost always appropriately styled whether she is running errands with her daughter in NYC or at a movie function. I adore her blonde pixie cut and I find that she looks great in a lot of things because it suits her image; she does not try to be overtly sexy and gives off this aura of sweetness, innocence and fragility which is really feminine.



Although the lace and the lack of colours is kind of overkill repeatedly during December and January, I don't want to say her outfits are boring because she used a lot of different textures and shapes. Her makeup looks great all the time. My favourite look is the white dress with the raisin coloured pumps.

Here is Michelle Williams covering Angelino [January 2011] and Marie Claire [February 2011]:

No comments:

Post a Comment