Thursday, December 30, 2010

inLike with my Brand New Steamer

I am the type of person who likes practical gifts, things that I can actually use. I actually dislike stuffed animals because they just sit there and collect dust plus you can't be seven years old forever.


This Christmas, one of the most thoughtful gifts I have received is a professional Salton steamer.


I hate putting my clothes away properly not to mention folding them. Fresh out of the dryer, my clothes spend about an hour or five on my bed until I feel like sleeping. The heap then gets pushed aside (leaving enough room for me to sleep) or gets shoved onto a shelf.

Being in a co-op program, I own a lot of dress clothes which require a lot of care. I really disliked ironing my clothes on a daily basis, so I never really did so. After a month I stopped wearing dress shirts altogether, opting for flowy tops paired with a sweater or blazer.

I got to try out my steamer for the first time today and I did a test run on my bed sheet which has been sitting in a crumpled ball since I went home for the holidays.

Before:

After:

It so easy to use and works well. It will especially come in handy for me when I have sewing projects. I think a steamer is a great investment, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment