Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dream High


Dream High is the only upcoming Korean drama that I have been highly anticipating. The drama is going to be similar to Glee but I am assuming it will be a lot more dramatic, and hopefully with a more solid storyline.
I am an absolute sucker for these kinds of shows! (High School shMusical is a guilty pleasure). Romance + high school drama + cute idols + music + dancing wrapped into one = me glued to my laptop screen. The teasers I have seen give me good feelings so I know I am going to be a Dream High fanatic (or I already am a fanatic, even though it hasn't aired yet).

Dream High Teaser:
YT CR: twoonedayy

The cast is pretty green as it is comprised of Kpop idols, mostly from JYP Entertainment. Only three from the cast have previously acted and have only been active during this past year: Ok Tacyeon has starred in Cinderella Unni, Ham Eun Jung has been in Coffee House and Kim Soo Hyun has had a few short yet successful roles in Will it Snow for Christmas, My Father's House and Giant. The first lead female, Bae Suji (Suzy) is in her first acting role but she seems promising from what I have seen in the teasers so far (she's only 16 btw). Rounding out the main cast are Jang Wooyoung, who is my fave member of the moment from 2pm and IU, Kpop's new musical sweetheart; these two will have a love line.

I am most excited about the love lines because Suzy has to choose between Taecyeon and KSH. She looks great with both of them (pictured below), but I have a feeling I am going to be (wor)shipping KSH's character as he's a country boy who becomes quite smitten with Suzy's character and follows her to Seoul before discovering his own dreams.

Top: Taecyeon (2PM); Bottom L-R: Suzy (miss A), Kim Soo Hyun

I am also really excited about the soundtrack and choreography since Park Jin Young of JYPE produced majority of the material. He's a musical genius so the OST is something I look forward to. I also am inlike with the fact that the writer has kept mum about who "makes it" in the end and like the fact that no one from the cast knows what she knows since they are only at episode 6 in scripts. I am guessing that they will all make it to the top somehow but the drama lies in the hardships getting there!

I will probably do a Dream High storyline post with the other teaser and character sketches before the drama airs on January 3, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment